Jump to navigation Jump to search
Helpful Tip: Some knitters prefer to use a locking stitch marker for cable needle 1.
- Slip 1 stitch to cable needle 1 and hold to front of work.
- Slip next 6 stitches to cable needle 2 and hold to back of work.
- Knit 1 stitch from the lefthand needle.
- P1, K4, P1 from cable needle 2.
- Knit 1 stitch from cable needle 1.
Western Method Tutorial Video
Alternate Procedure (No Cable)
- Work first 7 stitches as follows: K, P, K4, P.
- Insert left needle from front to back between 7th and 8th stitches on right needle.
- Pull up a loop.
- Make sure the loop has enough yarn to cover the 7 stitches by pulling the loop up and away from the work.
- Knit the new loop created together with the next knit stitch on the lefthand needle.